Do you have a project
you’d like to talk about?
- Who is your logo for?
- Two logos with touch
- Why I still love paper
- A card for a one-man business
- Good design, wrong-ish look
- Is the right design the right design?
- Your logo as a design element
- Some articles are like that
- Put some Gestalt into your design
- Is this design?
- Ordinary typeface, smart logo
- Design on a square grid
- How many squares?
- Does the client know best? Part 2
- Does the client know best?
- The elusive pixel
- Are inches or picas better?
- The meddling client
- Don’t festoon your brand!
- The vanishing master
- But it’s already been done
- How many slaves work for you?
- What I like best about graphic design
- Are you too old to get hired?
- It’s complicated
- Lookalike letters make a daring logo
- Designing under the influence . . .
- The most important rule of logo design
- Tell me a story
- Does this need a logo?
- How simple is too simple?
- The best colors for a logo?
- A little more Zen . . .
- The perfect book cover?
- Should I design my résumé?
- Color type in three easy steps, followup
- Color type in three easy steps
- Fun with glyphs
- Isomorphism: Have you read it? Let’s talk.
- Logos of Le Tour de France
- Has your design job gone overseas?
- Designing (or not) a non-profit brochure
- Design is all we’ve got!
- Name that decade!
- Nobody tells this to beginners
- Eight things we’ve learned about video
- Color logo, black & white fax . . .
- Once I had a secret love
- Oh, the logo by committee!
- Art. Design. What’s the difference?
- Let’s talk
- Color: Why close enough is good enough
- Where did album art begin?
- The best ad I’ve ever seen
- An eraser of dynamite
- Too many messages
- Two cool fonts
- Hiring a designer? Eight things to look for
- Famous logo links past and present?
- I learned about design from that!
- How to quiz your client
- Tips for a Web designer’s first logo
- Verizon logo: One graphic too many
- How long should your story be?
- Letters, the round parts
- Can you design without limits?
- Eight design tips for the Web
- What do you know that you don’t know you know?
- The soul of the Empire
- Does Sochi’s Olympic logo work?
- A light Christmas typeface
- Which polish would you buy?
- Tweaks, variations, concepts
- Critique our cover!
- Career Day
- What is graphic design?
- Which ad sold the Jeep?
- The non-design design
- Why we design
- The skill designers lack and other small tips
- So how do you design for a client?
- Ode to the amateur logo
- Does Pepsi’s new logo work?
- Old Pepsi, new Pepsi
- Unreadable type and other troubles
- What typeface would you recommend?
- 156 Bedtime Book covers
- Gestalt theory, remixed
- A logo request from Bali
- Knee deep in covers!
- Design a boring book!
- Craft designer gets a new look
- Real estate logo gets a makeover
Before & After Master Collection
50 issues in PDF on DVD.
$179 Learn more
Before & After comes in two formats. Learn more
The best tips, tricks, and shortcuts . . .
In collaboration with lynda.com, we’re pleased to announce our first graphic design video, Design Essentials (that every graphic designer should know). Design theory is great, but often what you need is just an idea, a tip, a quick fix to turn your project from blah into bravo. Learn more
How to design cool stuff
If you love Before & After, you’ll love our books! Three volumes are compilations from the magazine in handy, at-your-fingertips form. Print and Kindle editions.